MILWAUKEE RADIO GROUP GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1) No purchase is required to play or win on any of the Milwaukee Radio Group stations (WKLH, WHQG, WJMR, WNRG, WJYI).
2) All contestants must be permanent residents of the state of Wisconsin and must provide the Milwaukee Radio Group with a valid form of identification and Social Security number.
3) All contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for contests that are not affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor, or that include hotel accommodations and/or air travel.
4) All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
5) One entry per household. A “household” is determined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on a Milwaukee Radio Group station, the individual/household is ineligible to win all other contests on a Milwaukee Radio Group station for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $500.00 from a Milwaukee Radio Group Station may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by the Milwaukee Radio Group, and are ineligible to win a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $500.00 for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another contestant will be selected. This procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling: for WKLH – (414) 799-1965, toll-free at 1-800-965- WKLH (9554); WHQG – (414) 799-1029, 1-866-BOBNBRIAN; WJMR – (414) 799-9830; WNRG – (414) 799-1069; WJYI – (414) 799-1340 . If any problems are discovered by the Milwaukee Radio Group, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on a Milwaukee Radio Group station. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at the Milwaukee Radio Group station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
7) For contests requiring an entry, they may be faxed to (414) 978-9001, e-mailed to contest specific address on the Milwaukee Radio Group station=s website: wklh.com, 1029thehog.com, wjmr.com, energy1069.com, joy1340.com, or mailed/delivered to 5407 W. McKinley Ave., Milwaukee, Wis. 53208. All entries become property of the Milwaukee Radio Group and will not be returned. Milwaukee Radio Group reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that Milwaukee Radio Group deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. Milwaukee Radio Group shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
9) Prize must be picked up at the Milwaukee Radio Group business office or other pre-arranged location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, or the prizes will be forfeited. Milwaukee Radio Group assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
10) In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Milwaukee Radio Group’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Milwaukee Radio Group awarding the prize to the winner. Milwaukee Radio Group shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Milwaukee Radio Group shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) The Milwaukee Radio Group (d/b/a Lakefront Communications, LLC and its parent company, Saga Communications, Inc.), all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any station contest or prizes awarded in any station contest. Winners may be required to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
12) Winners consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with the station for publicity purposes.
13) Employees and families of the Milwaukee Radio Group (d/b/a Lakefront Communications, LLC and its parent company, Saga Communications, Inc.), all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible. Employees of all other Milwaukee area radio stations and household members of such individuals are not eligible.
14) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Milwaukee Radio Group reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Milwaukee Radio Group can not be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
15) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from Milwaukee Radio Group and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
16) The Milwaukee Radio Group, (d/b/a Lakefront Communications, LLC, it=s parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc.), assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. The Milwaukee Radio Group, (d/b/a Lakefront Communications, LLC, it’s parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc.), their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
17) The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Milwaukee Radio Group stations websites:
b) To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Milwaukee Radio Group, as defined at the exclusive discretion of Milwaukee Radio Group management.
c) Any problems with the internet or email are not Milwaukee Radio Group’s responsibility.
d) Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
18) Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard on a Milwaukee Radio Group station=s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when Milwaukee Radio Group station contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as a “Caller number 10 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
19) Text messages sent to and from participating Milwaukee Radio Group stations are identified by the SHORTCODE, 77000 for WKLH, WHQG, WJMR, and WNRG . Messages may contain a sponsor message. No purchase is necessary, but standard text message rates apply. You can opt out of messaging by texting “stop” to 77000. If you opt out and then enter another text contest, you must to opt out again. You can enter contests with keywords, which will change regularly. Keywords will be announced on-air and/or on the website and/or in an email blast and/or texted to those signed up to receive texts. Eligibility requirements apply. In case of a dispute, our decisions are final. We may disqualify ineligible entrants or those who tamper with the entry process. We are not responsible for any factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service. We may cancel or modify the contest or provide an alternate prize. Only one entry per phone, and the phone owner may win only one prize every 30 days.
20) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Milwaukee Radio Group reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Milwaukee Radio Group management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant Milwaukee Radio Group reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. Stations reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of Milwaukee Radio Group are final.
21) A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the Milwaukee Radio Group studios, 5407 W. McKinley Ave., Milwaukee WI.